This coming spring, more than 1,000 English honor society members will gather at the Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, St. Louis, MO, to celebrate their love of language, literature, service, and culture.
Wednesday, March 27
- Register between 3:00 and 9:00 p.m.
- Download the new Sigma Tau Delta Convention app (coming in 2019)—and use it as a resource throughout the convention . . . or even before you arrive.
- First-time, lone attendees, or anyone interested in an overview, attend the Abecedarian: The ABC’s of Convention Attendance session to learn how to make the most of the convention.
- Stay for the Opening Ceremony and see your fellow attendees.
- Applaud members whose works were published in The Sigma Tau Delta Rectangle at the Rectangle Reading.
- Brush off your best poem or short fiction excerpt for Open Mic Night.
Thursday, March 28
- Register between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Immerse yourself in all things Sigma Tau Delta in the Student Leadership or Chapter Advisor Workshops.
- Participate in one or two morning Career Workshops conducted by experts in English-related fields.
- Attend paper and roundtable presentations by your peers.
- Stop by Chapter Displays to view the activities of outstanding chapters.
- Get acquainted with your Regent, Student Representatives, and other chapter members in your region at your Regional and Alumni Networking meeting.
- Go to a reading with our featured speaker author Nnedi Okorafor, followed by a book signing open to all attendees.
- Participate in the (Dry) T-shirt and Skit Competition and the Bad Poetry Contest. Cheer and jeer while your peers recreate humiliating childhood scenes, conjure up adolescent turmoil, and expose their wounded hearts!
Friday, March 29
- Still need to register? The registration desk will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Listen to paper and roundtable presentations on topics both familiar and new throughout the day.
- Visit Chapter Displays and shop for Society swag at Chapter and Sigma Tau Delta Merchandise Sales.
- Attend the General Business Session and Regional Caucuses—chapters must choose a voting student delegate and send them to the General Business Meeting and to the Informal Regional Caucus on Thursday in order to receive the $300 voting delegate reimbursement ($600 for chapters outside the 48 contiguous states).
- Alumni and faculty, mingle at the President’s Reception.
- Join fellow members and compete at the Student Leadership Game Night.
Saturday, March 30
- Late arrivals, register between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
- Challenge yourself to attend as many roundtables and paper sessions this last day as possible!
- Go to a reading with our featured speaker and Common Reader author Tess Taylor, followed by a book signing open to all attendees.
- Shop for Society swag at Chapter and Sigma Tau Delta Merchandise Sales.
- Alumni and soon-to-be graduates, attend the Alumni Epsilon Chapter meeting.
- Discover who won Convention Awards, enjoy a catered banquet, and celebrate your and your peers’ success at the Red & Black Gala, the capstone event for the 2019 Sigma Tau Delta Convention.
Sunday, March 31
If you decide to stay in St. Louis for an extra day, many tour options are available at Explore St. Louis.