Why Choose Fort Hays State University for your M.A. in English?
Fits Your Budget:
- FHSU has the lowest tuition and fees of any university in Kansas—just $214.07 per credit hour for resident graduate students and $303.11 for students from contiguous states (CO, NE, MO, OK). Out-of-state tuition is still low compared to many programs, at $543.10 per hour.
- We have several scholarships available for graduate students. The application deadline is April 1 each year. Scholarship Details and Application Forms.
Fits Your Schedule:
- Our low-residency Summer M.A. program was designed to fit the needs of in-service teachers by offering face-to-face classes in a compressed summer schedule for two four-week sessions (June and/or July), allowing many teachers to finish their coursework in two or three summers.
- We also offer a traditional year-round M.A. program, with the option to complete hours quickly with summer classes in addition to those offered fall and spring.
Fits Your Personality and Interests:
- Our beautiful and friendly campus provides a warm environment for a community of learners, as you’ll see in the featured video below about our program.
- Small classes and accessible faculty translate into personal attention unparalleled by many programs, and even special opportunities like short-term study-abroad programs for graduate students, such as a recent Shakespeare and Film course offered in Germany.