This coming spring, more than 1,000 English honor society members will gather at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza in Cincinnati, OH, to celebrate their love of language, literature, service, and culture.
Wednesday, March 21
- Register between 3:00 and 9:00 p.m.
- Download the new Sigma Tau Delta Convention app (coming in February)—and use it as a resource throughout the convention . . . or even before you arrive.
- First-time, lone attendees, or anyone interested in an overview, attend the Abecedarian: The ABC’s of Convention Attendance session to learn how to make the most of the convention.
- Stay for the Opening Ceremony and see your fellow attendees.
- Applaud members whose works were published in The Sigma Tau Delta Rectangle at the Rectangle Reading.
- Brush off your best poem or short fiction excerpt for Open Mic Night.
Thursday, March 22
- Register between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Immerse yourself in all things Sigma Tau Delta in the Student Leadership or Sponsor Workshops.
- Participate in one or two morning Career Workshops conducted by experts in English-related fields.
- Attend paper and roundtable presentations by your peers.
- Stop by Chapter Displays to view the activities of outstanding and regional area chapters.
- Get acquainted with your Regent, Student Representatives, and other chapter members in your region at your Regional and Alumni Networking meeting.
- Go to a reading with our featured speaker and Common Reader author Cristina Henríquez, followed by a book signing open to all attendees.
- Participate in the (Dry) T-shirt and Skit Competition and the Bad Poetry Contest. Cheer and jeer while your peers recreate humiliating childhood scenes, conjure up adolescent turmoil, and expose their wounded hearts!
Friday, March 23
- Still need to register? The registration desk will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Listen to paper and roundtable presentations on topics both familiar and new throughout the day.
- Visit Chapter Displays and shop for Society swag at Chapter and Sigma Tau Delta Merchandise Sales.
- Attend the General Business Session and Regional Caucuses—chapters must choose a voting student delegate and send him or her to the General Business Meeting and to the Informal Regional Caucus on Thursday in order to receive the $300 voting delegate reimbursement ($600 for chapters outside the 48 contiguous states).
- Sponsors, plan on the Regents and Sponsors Luncheon.
- Alumni and faculty, mingle at the President’s Reception.
Saturday, March 24
- Late arrivals, register between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
- Challenge yourself to attend as many roundtables and paper sessions this last day as possible!
- Shop for Society swag at Chapter and Sigma Tau Delta Merchandise Sales.
- Alumni and soon-to-be graduates, attend the Alumni Epsilon Chapter meeting.
- Discover who won Convention Awards, enjoy a catered banquet, and celebrate your and your peers’ success at the Red & Black Gala, the capstone event for the 2018 Sigma Tau Delta Convention.
Sunday, April 2
- If you decide to stay in Cincinnati for an extra day, many tour options are available at CincinnatiUSA.